First victims of Barcelona terror attacks NAMED

Bruno Cirelli
Agosto 19, 2017

Italian retailer Tom's Hardware confirmed that its employee Bruno Gulotta, a 35-year-old from Legnano in northern Italy, died in the Barcelona attack on Friday morning.

Bruno Gulotta was on vacation in Barcelona with his wife, 5-year-old son and 7-month-old daughter at the time of the attack, The Telegraph reported.

The boy suffered a broken leg and his father also sustained leg injuries and suspected internal injuries in Las Ramblas after a white Fiat van drove onto the pavement and into a crowd of people in the busy area on Thursday killing 13.

Separately, a woman was killed and six people, including a police officer, were injured when a vehicle drove into people in the town of Cambrils in a second attack. Patrick Dewael, the mayor of Tongeren, told Belgian radio that he had presided over her wedding in 2014.

The second hit, 120km from Barcelona, saw a gang - believe to be linked to the first attack - wearing suspected fake suicide belts as they used a auto to ram civilians before being shot dead by police.

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said at least one American was killed.

France has confirmed that 26 of its citizens were injured in the attack, with 11 in a serious condition.

A three-year-old child is among those confirmed dead, Spanish media reported.

The dead and injured came from countries as varied as France, Venezuela, Australia, Ireland, Peru, Algeria and China.

Meanwhile, the family of a seven-year-old boy has posted on Facebook begging for his safe return after he was separated from his injured mother.

They are part of a family of four who were born in the Philippines but are naturalised Irish citizens and who were holidaying in Spain at the time of the attack.

Mr Pawley said of Thursday's attack: "There was police everywhere and ambulances, the shops started putting the shutters down".

Nathaniel was travelling with his parents Norman and Pederlita Putot, and sister Pearl to celebrate his birthday.

Three Italian nationals were also injured.

He said he could also not rule out that there may be Germans among the dead. Mr Le Drian was speaking in the Catalan capital after visiting some of the injured on Friday, said the total was still preliminary as local authorities had yet to identify all the victims. A foreign ministry spokesman in Berlin said they know of 13 Germans injured - "some of them seriously, so seriously that they are still fighting for their lives".

Three Dutch people were wounded, all of whom are out of danger, the government said. Two seventeen-year-olds and one fourteen-year-old had been on a daytrip to Barcelona when the incident occurred.

Francisco Lopez Rodriguez, in his 60s, has been named as one of the victims of yesterday's horror attacks which have left at least 14 people dead and more than 100 injured, with some Brits also being caught up. ISIS has claimed to be responsible for this attack and 4 suspects have been arrested for further investigation.

Three wounded - two men aged 33 and 42 who are in a stable condition in hospital and another who suffered only minor injuries.

In Australia, foreign minister Julie Bishop said four Australians had been hurt: two women in a serious but stable condition, and two men who were "directly affected" and had retreated to their hotel to seek medical attention in the morning. It also confirmed that a citizen of Hong Kong had minor injuries, and the U.S. state department said it knew of one American with minor injuries.

Altre relazioni OverNewsmagazine

Discuti questo articolo

SEGUI I NOSTRI GIORNALE