Two brothers die cleaning sewage tank in east Delhi mall

Barsaba Taglieri
Agosto 13, 2017

Close on the heels on deaths of three sanitation workers in Delhi last week, two more sanitation workers died on Saturday after inhaling toxic gases in the national capital.

A fireman who tried to rescue the three lost balance and slipped, injuring his head.The brothers, Jahangir (24) and Izaz (22), lost consciousness right after they entered the tank in the basement of Aggarwal Fun City Mall, police said.

Their father and a firefighter, who was involved in the rescue operation, also inhaled the toxic gas and have been admitted to the hospital in a critical condition, police said.

The brothers were residents of Sahibabad, Uttar Pradesh, which borders Delhi.

They had gone inside the sewer and inhaled toxic fumes and were later found unconscious.

All the four were rushed to the Hedgewar Hospital, where Jahangir was declared "brought dead" and Izaz died subsequently, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Shahdara) Nupur Prasad said. "Yusuf and Mahipal are under observation".

"We have also registered a case under Section 304 (Punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of the Indian Penal Code and investigations are underway". After last week's incident, Gautam asked senior DJB officials and lawyers who represent DJB and Delhi government in the courts to set up a monitoring committee and a vigilance committee and follow the guidelines issued by various courts.

In a similar incident, four sanitation workers died of suffocation while cleaning a septic tank in South Delhi's Ghitorni area on July 14.

Altre relazioni OverNewsmagazine

Discuti questo articolo

SEGUI I NOSTRI GIORNALE