Man injured by exploding package in Queens has died

Bruno Cirelli
Agosto 2, 2017

- The 73-year-old Queens landlord who was burned when a package exploded in his hands last week has died, the NYPD said.

Police say George Wray died on Tuesday at Nassau University Medical Center after suffering second- and third-degree burns.

Wray was badly burned Friday afternoon after he opened the parcel, which was left on the front porch of his two-family home on 222nd St. near 145th Rd.in Springfield Gardens.

A tenant said he noticed the package on his doorstep earlier in the week but just put it to the side because he didn't recognize the name it was addressed to.

The victim was the owner of the Queens building but didn't live there.

Man Burned in Queens Package Explosion Dies
Man Burned in Queens Package Explosion Dies

A neighbor who lives down the block heard the explosion and ran over to see what happened. "He was screaming out in pain".

The bomb squad spent the next several hours collecting evidence and testing residue on the brick wall and front door of the home.

The NYPD described the package containing the explosive as a cylinder about the size of an oatmeal container. It was what he termed to be a "low explosive", with no shrapnel.

"The investigation is continuing", Schiff said Tuesday, explaining that he could not go into details.

Altre relazioni OverNewsmagazine

Discuti questo articolo

SEGUI I NOSTRI GIORNALE