Briton shot by robbers in the Philippines days before wedding

Bruno Cirelli
Luglio 23, 2017

A British groom-to-be is fighting for life after being shot by robbers as he prepared for his wedding in the Philippines.

Well-wishers have already donated over £1,500 to the page for Tarek Naggar, 44, who is said to be critically injured and in intensive care after being attacked during a robbery on Cebu.

He had been sat outside a bar with his fiancée Angie and best man Chris McLaughlin in the capital, Cebu City.

The Foreign and Commonweath Office (FCO) said it was aware of the case and were in touch with Mr Naggar's family.

Another friend has set up a crowd funding appeal to raise money for Mr Naggar's medical costs.

According to the Sunday Herald, the men had demanded he hand over his wallet - and when he refused, one of them pulled out a pistol and shot him in the chest.

An ambulance was called, said the BBC quoting McLaughlin, but failed to show up and Naggar had to be brought to hospital on a rickshaw.

An spokeswoman said: "We are assisting a British national who was shot during a robbery in Cebu, Philippines, and are in touch with local authorities".

Altre relazioni OverNewsmagazine

Discuti questo articolo

SEGUI I NOSTRI GIORNALE