London police confirm eighth victim in deadly terrorist attack

Bruno Cirelli
Giugno 8, 2017

Ms Delcros was seriously injured after she was hit by the van and now witnesses say Mr Thomas may also have been struck by the vehicle and propelled into the water below.

A French national has been named as the eighth victim of the London terror attack after his body was found in the Themes overnight.

The death toll reached eight after a body was recovered near Limehouse, downstream from London Bridge, at around 7.45pm on Tuesday.

If confirmed, the total number of deaths from the weekend attacks on London Bridge and Borough Market would be eight, including Canadian Christine Archibald.

Tara posted on Facebook: "Even though there was limbo for days, there was still a bit of hope".

Officials said assailants plowed into pedestrians on London Bridge using a van, then drove to Borough Market, where they attacked people with knives.

Le Parisien newspaper named the second Frenchman to die in the attack as 36-year-old Sebastien Belanger, while the other French victim was 27-year old Alexandre Pigeard.

Questions over the extent to which the terror gang were known to security services have been mounting since it was revealed another of the attackers, Khuram Shazad Butt, 27, had been investigated in 2015. A Chinese-born Australian was killed by a gunman who was shot dead by police in what authorities described as a terrorist incident in Melbourne on Monday.

In a statement, they said they are "deeply saddened at the tragic loss of our handsome daughter".

He added: "On behalf of the United States, I want to offer heartfelt condolences and prayers and similar thoughts go out to the family of the man killed in Melbourne". "And we are the same", he said.

Two unarmed police officers have been hailed as heroes for their bravery in taking on the London Bridge terrorists.

"Kirsty was loved and adored by her family, friends and boyfriend".

Earlier yesterday, a 30-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of terrorism-related offences after a raid in Ilford, in east London, which has emerged as the apparent hub for the attack plot. He created the sporting competition for injured and sick servicemen and women after his two tours of duty in Afghanistan.

Altre relazioni OverNewsmagazine

Discuti questo articolo

SEGUI I NOSTRI GIORNALE