Three men arrested in connection with Manchester attack released without charge

Ausiliatrice Cristiano
Giugno 7, 2017

Police have let go a total of five people without charges, including a man and woman released earlier.

Police have arrested at least 16 people in an investigation that continues more than seven days after the attack in a packed concert hall filled with children and young people.

Russ Jackson, head of the North-West Counter Terrorism Unit said: "our enquiries show Abedi himself made most of the purchases of the core components and what is becoming apparent is that many of his movements and actions have been carried out alone during the four days from him landing in the country and committing this terrible attack".

Troops called in to support police in the wake of the Manchester suicide bombing are being stood down.

When the bomb detonated at the end of an Ariana Grande concert on May 22, it killed at least 22 people and wounded dozens. She's aware of the situation with Saffie.

"We have also have a good understanding of the likely component parts of the bomb and where these came from", said Jackson.

"We have made a lot of progress in this with the use of CCTV and have received some really helpful calls from the public". This has led us to the Banff Road area in Rusholme.

Mr Jackson said officers had been conducting house-to-house inquiries but were "still not satisfied" why Abedi went there and said it was "vital" they understood exactly where he went and who he spoke to in the final days before the attack. "We need your help as we piece together what happened in the lead-up to the attack and if Abedi was helped by anyone".

Anyone with information should call the Anti-Terrorist Hotline in confidence on 0800 789321.

More than 1,000 officers are working on the investigation to piece together what happened on the night of the attack and to find out whether others have been involved.

'You may think it's insignificant, but it could be a key piece of information to assist us.

A total of 11 men remain in custody for questioning.

On Tuesday night, Greater Manchester Police released three more suspects without charge - two men aged 20 and 24 from Fallowfield in south Manchester, and a 37-year-old man from Blackley, in the north of the city.

Mr Jackson said: 'Abedi made most of the purchases of the core components, and what is becoming apparent is that many of his movements and actions have been carried out alone during the four days from him landing in the country and committing this terrible attack'.

Detectives have confirmed that Abedi, a British Libyan, bought parts for the devastating bomb after arriving back in the United Kingdom but they have been unable to determine whether he acquired parts before he left the United Kingdom for Libya.

Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Coldplay and a host of other worldwide music stars will join Grande at a benefit concert for victims on Sunday.

Altre relazioni OverNewsmagazine