O'Reilly's bosses not commenting on reports that he's out

Rufina Vignone
Aprile 21, 2017

The network's most popular personality was sacked after a New York Time report earlier this month that said five women had been paid $13 million in settlements after they alleged sexual harassment and mistreatment.

Fox News' parent company 21st Century Fox said on Wednesday: "After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O'Reilly have agreed that Bill O'Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel".

O'Reilly had rarely been out of the headlines since a New York Times investigation revealed on April 1 that he and Fox paid five women a total of $13 million in cases spanning 15 years, in exchange for silence about his alleged behavior.

Meanwhile, O'Reilly's departure will dramatically alter the Fox nightly lineup.

Despite the allegations and loss of 60 advertisers, "The O'Reilly Factor" saw an increase in both ratings and viewers a week after the allegations surfaced, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Marc Kasowitz, O'Reilly's lawyer, said in a statement on Tuesday that the television host "has been subjected to a brutal campaign of character assassination that is unprecedented in post-McCarthyist America".

NY [U.S.A.], April 20 (ANI): Following his dismissal from position as a prime-time host on Fox News, Bill O'Reilly has said that it was tremendously disheartening that he had to part ways with Fox due to "completely unfounded claims". One look at the O'Reilly controversy shows how it's clear that no one, including a massive news network, wants to be associated with an individual accused of sexual misconduct, even if he is steadfast in his denial.

Tucker Carlson will take over O'Reilly's 8 p.m.

"The O'Reilly Factor" has been the most watched programme on Fox News and was coming off the highest-rated first quarter in its history, averaging 4 million viewers, according to Nielsen.

Dana Perino, who had been subbing for O'Reilly who had been on vacation for the past few days, acknowledged his departure at the top of "The Factor".

There was no immediate response from Bill O'Reilly's bosses Wednesday to escalating reports that the Fox News Channel personality will lose his job following accusations he had harassed women. Carlson received a $20 million settlement from 21st Century Fox in September.

"And I was told basically, "Well, you know, Bill".

The National Geographic channel has turned several of O'Reilly's books into TV movies.

O'Reilly and co-author Martin Dugard are due to release another book in the "Killing" series in September, and a spokeswoman for publisher Henry Holt and Co. said that plans had not changed.

Vatican spokesman Greg Burke confirmed O'Reilly was in the VIP section for the pope's Wednesday appearance.

Dr Walsh told TODAY Extra she was invited to fly to NY to meet the host after she had appeared as a guest on the O'Reilly Factor from a Los Angeles studio.

Altre relazioni OverNewsmagazine

Discuti questo articolo

SEGUI I NOSTRI GIORNALE