More to life than football says Borussia Dortmund's Nuri Sahin

Bruno Cirelli
Aprile 21, 2017

Monaco left Signal Iduna Park with a 3-2 victory, but Dortmund were much-improved after the break, with half-time substitute Sahin aiding his side's recovery from a 2-0 deficit at the interval.

Now, according to German journalist Freddy Röckenhaus, Dortmund players were shaken further ahead of their rearranged game as further details of the explosions emerged. "The players had the choice not to play, but no-one chose this option".

"The team wanted so badly a bit of time to deal with it so we were in our best shape because the dream is to go to the semifinals in Europe".

The fifth episode of SportsJOE Live with Marc Ó Sé, Andy Reid, Dion Fanning and Colm Parkinson.

He said on Scandinavian TV: " I don't know if people can understand this, but until I was on the pitch in the second half I did not think about football to be honest. "The game is over now and it feels a bit weird".

"I know football is very important, we love football, we suffer with football. and I know we earn a lot of money, we have a privileged life".

"When I was on the bus last night, I can't forget the faces, I will never forget those faces". I will never forget those faces.

Team-mate Julian Weigl added on the club website: "At the start of the match you could see the events were hanging over us". "Of course this has an effect and it was a bad experience for all of us". After Tuesday I don't have any more space to think about the game. I tried to come to terms with it with my family, tried to wind down and switch off.

"We were not attacked on the field by an opponent; we were attacked from inside the bus as men", Tuchel said in a post-match broadcast interview with former Norway worldwide Jan Aage Fjortoft. The second leg is being played next Wednesday in Monaco.

"It is hard for the Borussia players".

Authorities also searched the home of a second suspected Islamic extremist but prosecutors said Thursday there were no indications he was involved in the bus attack.

"The investigations have so far resulted in no evidence that the suspect had taken part in the attack", the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

Three identical letters printed in German found near the scene of the attack in the western city of Dortmund suggested a possible Islamist motive for the attack. One has been arrested.

Altre relazioni OverNewsmagazine

Discuti questo articolo

SEGUI I NOSTRI GIORNALE